In accordance with Governor Newsom’s coronavirus school closure directive, the Superintendent of Catholic Schools has announced that all schools in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles will begin the 2020-21 school year with distance learning. You can read Mr. Escala’s letter in our COVID-19 section of this website.
The Salesian administration, faculty, and staff are working diligently to design a plan for the beginning of the 2020-21 school year. Although there are still many unknowns regarding how we will reopen, there are a few key Salesian promises about which you and your son can be certain:
1) Even though we will be in a distance learning model at the beginning of the year, we will surround your son with a loving and supportive Salesian Family.
2) Your son's and your family's health and safety will be at the top of our priority list.
3) Our teachers will provide your son with a rigorous and challenging education that builds his intellect, nurtures his dreams, and continues him on his way to success in college and career.
4) Our on-line academy will include six hours of live instruction, teacher office hours, tutoring, and student learning opportunities each day.
5) We will root all that we do in our Catholic and Salesian identity so that you and your son enjoy a rich and vibrant faith life.
Please continue to stay safe and healthy. You are in our prayers.
We have sent an important School Reopening Parent Survey to all student email accounts. Your opinions, ideas, and concerns are important to us as we develop a plan for the safe reopening of campus in August. We also need your feedback if you would like us to offer a distance learning option. The survey should be completed and submitted through your son's mustangsla.org email account. All families who return the survey by Thursday, July 9th will receive 2 parent service hours. Please e-mail Mr. Johnson at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Mustangs of the Class of 2024- Your iPads are ready for pickup!
Stop by our School Gym on Monday or Tuesday from 9am-11am. For additional information contact Mr. A. Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the following:
Grand Prize: Samsung 65" UHD TV-Fany Anderson #01490
2nd Prize: $500-Iris Miranda #06470
3rd Prize: $400-April Minjares #00456
4th Prize: $300-Leopoldo Cruz #06432
5th Prize: $200-Lupe Gutierrez #06330
Please contact the Finance Office to claim your winnings.
Thank you for your support of Salesian High School!
Our Summer School Program will include advance course, credit recovery, and a Freshman Experience this year. The program will be Online and will include both synchronous and asynchronous format.
On Thursday, May 28th our school community celebrated our virtual Baccalaureate Mass & Senior Farewell Awards through our Salesian HS Communications YouTube page. If you missed the live Mass and awards ceremony, click on this story headline to be redirected to youtube for a recording of these special events. Congratulations Class of 2020!
Congratulations to our Salesian seniors on committing to a college, trade school, and military branch this past Friday. As of May 1st, the Class of 2020 has earned over $5.6 million in scholarships and grants. The entire Salesian High School community is proud of you, gentlemen!