Instructions for AthleticClearance
Quick steps for parents/students using the online athletic clearance process. Reminder if you are going to participate in Mustang Athletics, all sport registration must be done through Athletic Clearance.
Online Athletic Clearance
Choose the School at which the student attends and will compete for.
- Watch quick tutorial video
- Register. Parents register with valid email username and password. You will be asked to type in a code to verify you are human.
- Select “New Clearance” to start the process.
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate. This is the 2018-19 school year.
- Complete all required fields for Student Information, Educational History, Medical History and Signature Forms.
- Donate to your athletic program or pay participation fees (private schools only).
- Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process.
- All of this data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent.
Online Athletic Clearance FAQ
Once you complete a clearance for one sport, most of the information you have entered will be retained in the system. To register for an additional sport, select New Clearance after enter the year, school and sport most of your information will auto fill.
The physical form your school uses can be downloaded on Step #1 or Student Info at the bottom of the page. Most schools will accept the physical online (done by uploading the completed form on Step #1) as well as turning in a hard copy to the athletic department. If you need to download a hard copy of the physical form, please visit www.mustangsla.org and click the forms and resources section under the athletics tab.
MESSAGE ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED
Thank you for using Athletic Clearance to register for Mustang Athletics. Your information will be reviewed and you will receive a response stating whether you have been cleared or denied for participation.
You are not allowed to participate in any team practices or activities until you have received a “CLEARED FOR PARTICIPATION” message from the athletic department.
2018-19 WINTER SPORTS FEES
ALL WINTER FEES ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 14. If fees are not paid by the due date, that student athlete will be removed until the payment is made or there is an arrangement with the finance office.
MESSAGE ONCE CLEARED
Thank you for registering through Athletic Clearance. This message is to notify you [student] has completed all the necessary paperwork [sport] for [school] and is now CLEARED TO PARTICIPATE.
2018-19 WINTER SPORTS FEES
ALL WINTER FEES ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 14
*All sports fees are non-refundable. If an athlete quits or is removed from the team for academics, disciplinary reasons, family issues, personal business, or some other issue, the family is still responsible for the entire payment.
*If you have any outstanding sports fees from the 2017-18 school year or past years, those fees must be paid in full in order for your son to participate in athletics for the 2018-19 school year. If you have any questions about your account or would like to make a payment, please contact Ms. Nunez, firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Zamora, email@example.com in the finance office.
*If fees are not paid by the due date (s), the athlete will be removed until payment arrangements have been made with the finance office.
FEES ARE NOT TO BE PAID TO THE COACHES. ALL TRANSACTIONS NEED TO GO THROUGH THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT.